View Single Post
      04-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
mikeokimster
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
So I've finally switched up my exhaust again for the ______ time.... Let's hope this is the last time, and I think it is. It sounds awesome now.. Akrapovic slip-on paired with a Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC's. No need to worry about a CEL deleter with this setup. I've had the Fabspeed for approx. 4-5k miles and had 2 CEL's which after a couple hundred miles will clear by themselves.

So has anyone had more combo's than I've had?
  1. Supersprint Sport - Their race version which was ok, but droned like crazy.
  2. Eisenmann Sport - Very nice sounding exhaust, great quality.
  3. Eisenmann Sport W/ Secondary Cat Delete - Was pretty nice, not much louder but much more aggressive sounding
  4. Eisenmann Sport W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - was cool, but at the time I wanted louder
  5. Active Autowerke W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Really sounded great, was very loud after it was broken in for a few thousand miles. Very exotic sounding when you step on it. Very unique, not the loudest car on the road but eveyone could pick out the unique sound of my car and knew it was me coming
  6. Akrapovic W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Just installed it today and love it. Probably the most refined sounding muffler of all. More exotic sounding than the Eisenmann and not nearly as loud as the AA. Sounds mean and makes some noise, but also makes the car appear more classy than the previous setup

I'll try and get a video soon of my current so it can be compared to the full Akra system.
How would you rank these in terms of drone levels (least>most)?
///Mods: Xpel front clip wrap, Nokya 2500k H8 halos, matte grills, IND reflectors, scoops, MS drop-in, MS track pipes, Dinan exhaust, 240E, ESS tune, BBS CHR, s04 255x35 295x30, KW Clubsports, ceramic pads
Retired: 08' E92 328i JB 6mt 212 rwhp 190 rwtq
Appreciate 0