View Single Post
      05-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

So he got his car last Thursday, and we went out for a spin just now...

WOW, what a car. And since he is only at 500kms, he won't go over 4000rpm, and it was stil a compelling ride. We went up over Mont Royal, which has some nice curves - which he took at double their posted limit...me and my friend in the back were grinning like mad. The cornering is flat and predictable. Even over bumps in the curve it was ok. I guess I can say that because of this monster engine your foot pretty much controls every little nuance of the driving experience. The straight line takeoff is great, the torque is meaty....it's even half-decent inside. It's got Auto Climate, suede covered sport seats, leather steering wheel, and nice simple gauges. We rode with the windows open, to hear the engine, so I don't know how well the car is sound insulated otherwise. There is even a little button to spray the intercooler with if it's too hot out.

The Xenon lights are manually adjustable, which is cool since it's a rally car, as opposed to my auto adjusting xenons.

I'm happy for him, since going from a modified WRX to an STi is like going from a 330i sport to an M3. Quantam leap, and worth every penny.

Appreciate 0