View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #1121
MotorboatinSOB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by INT_ZBZ View Post
I'm in the middle of negotiations but can't seem to make the dealer budge much on price.

2009 with original MSRP of 68350 (+dest and guzzler tax which aren't my concern).
Previous owner was a doctor that didn't drive the car much. It now has 16k miles.

Best pricing I could get $50500 CPO or $49000 without CPO. To me that seems $3000 too high but honestly I think the dealer will find a buyer for that price without an issue. Seems like all the CPO M3s sell on the high end around here.

What do you think of that price? I always seem to hear that M3's lose about $10k per year for the first three years but this doesn't line up.

I know the car you are talking about. I drove it the Wednesday before thanksgiving. The sales person said someone else from Stevens Point area was coming to look at it. I assume that was you. It is a great car and in perfect condition.

I am signing the paperwork for it tomorrow. Paid about the same as you mentioned. The M3s around here go quick because there just aren't as many for sale as in Chicago. When 1 hits the lot in good condition they are gone within 10 days.

I was considering a S5, CTS-V, or the M3. On paper the M3 wasn't all that impressive to me but as soon as I drove it i knew that this was the one. There are faster cars, cheaper cars, and more economical cars but the M3 is the total package.

I used to be a service advisor for the dealership about 10 years ago so I like the CPO warranty. Things can get real expensive if a module or controller fails. There is something to be said about buying a car locally and establishing a relationship with the dealer. They are more willing to do things for you when they know you purchased the car there and will likely buy more vehicles depending on how you get treated each visit. When I was an advisor we bent over backwards for repeat buyers and many times lost money on the service visit to keep them happy. To me that's worth the extra money I might have paid for the car vs. buying one online.
Appreciate 0