01-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #51
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
out of curiousity. do anyone know what leather grade they use in the turbo and m3? I'm find it hard to differentiate one that look high quality and one that actualy has quality but may not look like it does.

is the leather in the turbo same grade as base 911 or cayman?
No it is not the same as the Carrera. The Cayman is at best equal to the Carrera.

The standard interior in a C2(S) is not any better than the M3 and if it is, it's not measureable, imo.

The turbo's standard interior (Full Leather) or the optional (Full Leather) in a C2(S) is far superior to the M3 or base 911/Cayman. I have the optional Full Leather on my GT3 and it is beautiful. Nicely stitched and bountiful. Pics alone do not do it justice. You can feel and see the difference between the cars when sitting in them. Porsche does a nice job of giving a good deal of leather with the package. With my GT3, Alcantara accompanies the leather package, so the lower dash, doors and center console lid are Alcantara when selecting Full Leather. On the turbo those additional Alcantara pieces are leather.
Appreciate 0