06-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
no daily driven car will ever be 100% swirl free.
now, given that, and given that the car has been recently lightly detailed, (new car detail = foam bath, wash, clay, wax, seal etc), what do you recommend the best way to protect the paint??
Not really true - it's just extremely rare and most of us already have our minds made up that if our cars are basically swirl free, we can live with them. I'm spending some time on my gf's car today and it is 100% swirl free and has been since the Fall. Of course only I have washed it, and it's only been washed 4 times, so it's kind of cheating the system by remaining dirty for so long :P

My point isn't that you can't use Zymol on a car with swirls, my point is that on a swirl-free car, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is going to look good. Much like using X-brand of make-up on Halle Berry: she'll look beautiful in anything. Revlon, Cover-girl, and whatever other brands there are.

I recommend you use whatever you'd like. I have no problem having an "expensive" wax on my car as the wax is still only a fraction the vehicle's cost. High-end waxes are something I like to play devil's advocate with, so whatever side seems to be the popular opinion in a discussion: I take the opposing view.

When it comes down to making finacial choices, "wasting" $100+ on some wax makes a lot more sense than "wasting" the money you likely did on buying an M3. High-end waxes and nice cars are both luxury items that aren't needed, but a high end wax won't eat up your money as quick as a car does. You'll spend more money in unnecessarily grippy high performance tires and unecessarily high octane fuel for your unnecessary high performance car over the next few years than you ever will on wax.
High octane fuel, high performance tires, high performance cars and high-end wax sure is nice though

Buy whatever you want. Only you have to be happy with the purchase. As long as you know the pros and cons of the purchase decision prior to handing over your money, you'll be happy in the long run with whatever you choose: from a quality sealant to a mid-priced wax, to a high end wax, to the most expensive wax (per oz) on the market in Swissvax Divine.
Appreciate 0