L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Why I was enjoying my stop and go driving more than unusual. LOL

While driving around town I noticed the exhaust sounded beefier than usual during casual driving. I thought it was in my head but, why care, just take advantage of the moment where the car just happens to feel racier and aurally more pronounced. Later on I noticed the AC light was on. Yep, I was driving with the AC on.

What this proves to me is that something as little as turning on the AC can in some case enhance your driving pleasure simply because the engine is working harder causing the exhaust note to change especially when you don't have to floor the pedal. So the grunt I get around 4.5K was delivered somewhere much lower in the rpm.

Anyway, I don't know if I would appreciate the difference if I consciously turned the AC on. I'll see in a few. Try the obvious for yourself.

When I go for coffee, I'l try turning it on and putting it in M mode.

One last thing, at idle with AC on there is obviously more noise from the engine. When listening for bearing noise or ticking it just might help to turn the AC on to make the problem more pronounced (just thinking).
Appreciate 0