View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
So, I pull up to one of my Favorite restaurants. It's called The Daily Bread in Pinecrest,Fl that one of our fellow M3 board members owns and go inside and order. I come outside to a pretty open parking lot except for the guy who pulled up and parked right next to me in a new Black STI with exhaust and a bumper sticker which read" V8 Killer". He and this really cute chick come out of the car and he looks at my car and I see he notices the exhaust and maybe the Active Autowerke Lisense plate frame. I said" V8 Killer, That's Adorable! Want to put that to a test"? She said "He'll race yo---" until he put his hand over her mouth and said to stop. He looked back at my car and said," Nice Car, I'm good". Really Funny!!
Not sure why this was funny, especially since if he'd been a mental teenager like yourself and accepted the challenge, he most likely would've kicked your ass off a light.

Everybody somehow accepts the "fact" that M3s are mid-twelves cars, but unless you are an extremely accomplished drag racer, you're going to be closer to thirteen flat in a quarter mile at a high-traction drag strip, and slower than that on the street. On the other hand, it'll be easier to launch his car properly on the street than at a drag strip, and since most street races are shorter than a quarter mile, you'd most likely lose.

Given your attitude, that would be funny.

Granted, the M3 is a terrific all-around car and the STI less so, but in this sort of narrow venue, you'd be in trouble.

Bruce
Appreciate 0