04-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #72
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Should a local mechanic complete the technical inspection form prior to my arrival at VIR? Should they sign/stamp the form? ...or can I just inspect the items myself and present the same to the tech personnel during check in?

Wording is as follows on the form:

The Driver's School Participant is solely responsible for the safe condition of his/her vehicle to be driven to, at and from this event. It is highly suggested
that the Participant have the vehicle inspected by a competent service technician, prior to this event using this form as a check list. The safety inspection
should be performed by a qualified individual who is familiar with the make and model for this vehicle (i.e. dealerships, specialty service shops). At the
time of the safety inspection the Participant should sign the completed safety inspection report, and present it to the authorized Tech Personnel at the
time of registration. FINAL SAY ON THE SAFETY AND PARTICIPATION OF A VEHICLE WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE TECH PERSONEL AT REGISTRATION
probably a good idea to have both yourself and tech shop sign off on tech inspection. we don't want to have someone inspect their own car, regardless of technical skills. there are a few shops that will perform free track inspections, so you just need to invest the time to make it happen

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0