View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #226
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
While there is a lot that mods can do... No amount of mods is going to put a V8, a DCT transmission, or a warranty on your car.
You are making subjective points. You seem to only be capable of making these types of statements.

1. I do not want the S65 engine. The N54 with light tuning (piggyback/flash and meth/85) has a flatter torque curve and more HP with less displacement.

2. I would never drive a DCT transmission even though I can get a DCT in the 335is. I prefer a manual transmission for personal reasons.

3. You are mostly right here. However, I have got my fuel injectors, HPFP and X-drive system all replaced under warranty without having to remove any modifications on my car. Now, if my engine blew up that might be a different issue, though if you knew anything about the N54 engine you would also know that over a 1,000 N54 owners have been driving tuned motors with zero major engine failures since 2007. You could also go with Dinan parts and keep the warranty, though they are more expensive.

Quote:
At the end of the day, the M3 contains things that you simply CANNOT bolt on to your car and should my engine blow, or transmission, or suspension or anything break for some reason I'm covered by a warranty for 4 years.
See above AND your M3 warranty is also invalid if you track your car and BMW can prove it.

Quote:
You can make a Honda Civic faster than a Lambo... but there's no question that I'd rather have the Lambo still.
You are obviously missing the point again and these comments are childish. I am starting to get the feeling that you wouldn't even be able to change the oil in your own car. Not that there is anything wrong with that other than it establishes that you are someone who knows nothing more than what you read in your manual, on BMWNA website or here from your service adviser at your dealership.