Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
Been looking at different cars recently as you all know.... I actually just came across a SWEETHEART deal.

Here is the deal.... There is a 2008 Viper SRT-10 with 3200 miles on it CHERRY!!!!! for 57k. It BB's at 70k.

Sell the M3 for a car I can drive only 4 months out of the year, but own a VIPER or .... keep the M3 that I can drive 12 months out of the year.
Well here are my 2 cents .... in 2009 I had a nice silver M3 build in Germany in 2002 black leather interior all equipped including the paddle shifter (e46). Then I went to Germany saw the Z4 30 and Z4 35is on May 9th 2009 the opening showing at Die Welt of the all new Z4 with the retractable roof.

Came back to Canada found a year end good deal in October on a 2008 Z4 30is and purchased that car new. Over the next 8 months I found that the quality of this US build 2008 did not compare what I saw in Germany (things kept falling off - housing around the rear mirror plastic panel just above the ashtray etc).

I sold my M3 (big mistake) and I traded up to a slightly used Z4 35i build in 2009. Took a US road trip all the way to California then had a flat and found that I developed cracks in both my rear wheels. Kicked myself for ever getting into a Z4 and selling my M3. Well we all screw up. I did it big time. Mind you we did have a wonderful time with the Z4 35i no question.

The thought of having cracked wheels again convinced me to turn back the clock and trade the Z4 in for a nice M3. So I did and now I am a happy camper.

Bottom line ... keep your M3 you know what you have or trade in for a new one or find that super deal ... nothing beats a M3 it is a great automobile.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0