07-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #88
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
I think you're being difficult and want to argue semantics after you see how foolish it sounds to put 20% down on a liability like a home in this economy.
Again, you're being dishonest. My first post in this thread was that I didn't think it was a great time to buy.

Can you be honest for once in your life or at least read the thread before you make a long, two page, reply?

Seriously, just casually browse and read the thread, do some basic fact checking, then take a breath or two, then reply. I think it would help the flow of this conversation a bit more. For instance you would have known that FHA delinquencies are outpacing Fannie/Freddie/Conventional delinquencies recently, but you didn't even bother to do basic "google" research.

Regardless, I think the general advice you've given is horrible given numerous stats that I've covered. You do bring up some debatable points (for instance having "enough" cash reserves, how much to finance, etc), but under a faulty premise, and line of logic, none of which is based on sound economic fundamentals. Let's both hope people don't listen to you, for the sake of our countries economic health.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 07-18-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0