05-10-2007, 02:24 AM   #64
anees
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30 View Post
Yep, agreed Fleet... I guess I must try and calm down and wait for the official pricing .... what's taking them so long?

I'm just worried that his list might turn out to be correct.

Let's hope they make the E90 ///M here as well, and at a similar price reduction as in the E92 335i vs E90 335i.
I'm just sick of being shafted by the car manufacturers. When the E46 M3 was launched, it cost around R365000 , then it hiked up to currently where it is/was at R545000. The reason for this was due to the Rand/Euro exchange rate being at almost 12. But that exchange rate has since dropped to 9, but the car price hasn't..WHY BMW ??

No way I'm going to pay around R650K for an M3...even if I did have the money...logic and reason must prevail, but I guess its the snob appeal that we South Africans prefer..

BMW in SA was nothing (same as Audi)...only until after they launched the 3 series that shot them to fame

Just one question, if the general speed limit's are 60km'h ( urban ), 120km'h ( freeways ) , what is the purpose of having such performance cars ? Can someone please, please explain this to me ? Unless you have money to enrich the state coffers ??
Appreciate 0