GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Maxxis source in East

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
Sorry, that wasn't clear in my post--I tried the tire dealers on the Maxxis website in my area; they are the ones that said they could not get the tire. I also tried Discount Tire Online, which sells some Maxxis tires, but they said that they do not stock the compact spares.

Ultimately, I did e-mail Brad, who indicated that the easiest way to source the tire is to go through a car dealer (he said any GM dealer would be able to do it). Separately, I'd contacted Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA, who apparently had also contacted Brad; they were able to order the tire for me from Maxxis. It should be here in 3-5 days, with a total cost of less than $100.

To sum up, you should be able to get any GM dealer to order the Maxxis tire for you, but if you are having trouble try Lindsay Cadillac.
Sounds like the tire dealers you contacted didn't "want to be bothered." Of course they don't stock the tire, but the dealer here special ordered it out of Texas with no poroblem. I had tried the Cadillac dealer here previously, and they were no help.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0