01-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #175
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
haha, not sure what part of my post made you think I was nervous about the new one

I saw them in person last night at the Houston auto show and my expectations were exceeded.

I have no concerns about the performance of this car, I think it will be spectacular. FWIW I think the m3 will be neck and neck with the stingray in straight line speed

As far as tuning, they said the same thing about the n54, which was cracked. I don't personally care about the tunes being released any time soon, the car will be extremely quick stock. BMW says it will be basically identical to the m5, which I have driven. If its that powerful, all a tune is going to do is get me put in jail faster haha (though I still will be tempted, no doubt!)

This m3 will continue the M tradition of taking these cars to the next level, just like they did with the e9x over the e46 in terms of outright performance.
agreed. I'm looking forward to driving the new car. while I would have preferred even just a repeat of the S65, I'm not gonna bitch about it and I'm looking forward to the new motor and a different experience. my JB3 tuned N54 was an absolute beast and fun in different ways, so I have no doubt that this motor will tickle my vagina in its own way.
Appreciate 0