Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
My ex girlfriend was ready to start a publication with a girlfriend of hers. My ex graduated with a degree in marketing and had the idea to make a magazine which targets college students/ 18-25 year olds in south florida and take pictures of them at popular hot spots. And have articles about local businesses and fashion, etc. They did a test run (which cost a fucking fortune, btw). Turned out to be very popular, at first. When push came to shove, when they needed to start actual production, it would have required them to put up at least $250,000.00.

This is not a school newspaper you are printing on piece of shit paper, and people are not working on it for free. You need to actually pay people to work on it. If you want to do it yourself, well don't plan on doing anything more than an annual or bi-annual publication because the work involved is ridiculous. Previously noted, the idea that you will just find people to advertise in your publication is absurd. Do a little search on how many publications have went out of business over the last 3 years. Major newspapers can't stay in business.

The first thing cut by businesses after the financial collapse was....... You guessed it! Advertising.

I will say one thing.. I am in paper recycling and this whole move away from paper may be great for the environment (i guess..), but not good for my business. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you for wasting paper.

i will help your business strive by throwing my paper away in the recycling bin at work and at home instead of the trash bin
Appreciate 0