03-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #178
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Wow just caught up on this thread and the last few pages are terrible. It's one thing with the whole tuner arguments but another telling someone to throw their kit out and they must be unhappy - even after OP said he's happy. Very immature and in poor taste IMO. The thread seemed to take a turn for the worst after that.
Since you seem to have a moral compass what are your thoughts on Andrew bashing ESS cars, customers on another forum knowing they won't respond there, mature? Before you ask my about my friend M33, I've already stated he went to far with the "throw it in the trash." It was interesting how you hinted here in another thread about how "some" kits have Bypass Valve problems, and that's why AA has 3, I know you got that from Andrew, on the other forum he was specific to ESS as if it was dangerous to run their kit, why didn't you just come out and say what other companies you were referring too? Impartial? No.

Quote:
All the tuners talk shit. Period. There are posts, emails, etc. showing this. This doesn't mean that any of them can never say anything nice or neutral about a situation. When I was looking to upgrade my kit from my Generation 1 I spoke to the vendors themselves and they were all competitive towards the others.
Of course they do, we jumped on Andrew because he was being a hypocrite in trying to lecture people on how to be civil. To be honest I wouldn't speak to the vendors and believe everything they say, read the forums, it's pretty clear on what is the prudent way to go, but nothing wrong with your choice, but personally I wouldn't run over 8psi on my car without a built motor, don't care what blower you're using, you are on borrowed time if you do.

Quote:
Is this forum pro-ESS? Yes. You are only kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Is there another forum that is somewhat of the opposite? Yeah, same story. You find trash talking on both but each also has some pretty damn useful information.
It's not pro-ESS, it's just a fact that there are alot more ESS Supercharged customers and there's a reason for that. Please do not even compare this forum with that other one. You would never find Jason or bimmerpost admins attacking people, their families, there wives, threatening people, companies, etc. The only reason AA isn't getting bashed over there is because they sponsor it, but if they decide to leave, watch out.

Quote:
I didn't have any bias when upgrading my kit as I was just about sold on a 650 kit as it did feel faster than my older kit. After consideration, I did take somewhat of a gamble on going with the Generation 2 upgrade as I did not get to drive the kit as I did with the 650 kit and my old kit. The gamble paid off as the kit feels more powerful and refined than the other two. I just dyno at 582 SAE & 602 Uncorrected on a DynoJet. That and my dyno at my local shop (MaximumPSI) is in the engine thread. Both confirm the power output and how linear the power is. For those that say "this kit is the best..." - have you even driven other kits to know this? Very hard to make that judgement without doing so.
Those are some good #'s.

Quote:
Each of the tuners have good kits. Can any say they have had a 100% success rate? No way. When you start getting into the M3 FI community you will start to find that no one likes to really post about their problems...no tuner excluded.
Probably, but I think it's clear, regardless of what kit you run or what so called side you're on, it's obvious who has the most proven kit, it's not even close. You can't have hundreds of people running kits all over the world and not here about problems.

Quote:
OP,
Didn't mean to steal some of your thread but I figured no harm as it's already gone down the shitter. Looking forward to seeing what your car puts out and and congrats. Forget about the negativity here, but definitely expect it. If you are happy with your kit that is all there is to it!
The negativity here is small stuff compared to that other forum. Did you stop and think one of the main reasons it went down the shitter is because the OP said he was going to post dyno's but never did? It's not that hard to dyno a car, to date there has not been one DJ result posted from a Gintani Stage 3, personally I think they'll make the power, but no dyno's in 2+ years, hopefully he'll be the first to post one.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH

Last edited by DLSJ5; 03-15-2013 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0