View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Thanks Pej! My car is a US car, so that problem should not apply. So you ended up getting 991 I figure - you alluded to it a couple of times
In that case def take it with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
I was only talking you out of if because of how much you talked about getting a GT3 (and I don't mind spending other people's money ). For me, it's an easier decision because i've got a 911 so I now know why it's such a great car. If I only had a Cayman, i'd always be wondering what a 911 is all about.

Another thing to consider is that if you get a GT3 now, you would be getting a gen 1 car, and you'll be kicking yourself when a gen 2 comes out. You might want to consider just getting a 991S for now (no power kit) and when the gen 2 GT3RS comes out, get that. That will give your 991S 3-4 years of breathing room. Trust me, even with a 991S, the difference in performance over the M3 is so vast, once you're in one, you'll still love it.

I heard about the different side mirrors too. That's HUGE! The amount of buffeting that happens right now at high speed (150kph +) on the 991 is just ridiculous.

PS. Let us know when you're leaving. We should get together for a drink before you go!
Remind me not to ask you anything else about ordering my 991, LOL.
You told me the buffeting was not that bad????? I guess we need to swap out for GT3 mirrors when they arrive.

Auto Car just did a review of the new Cayman S. I'll link the youtube vid later, or just search for it. They loved it.

Last edited by STALKER; 02-10-2013 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0