View Single Post
      12-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #217
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Sure, there is some speculation going on here but not a far reach by any strech. I'd say, from the reviews I have read and watched the M3 as an all arounder and especially on the track (see the Top Gear reveiw today??) is definitely the winner over the RS4 and C63. Despite the IS-F showing some better straight line numbers over the M3 do you think there is any chance it will best it in most other areas? It is a great car but it takes some years to learn to build a car that can best the M3. The C63 is damn fast and it couldn't.

Like I said we will each have to have our own lists. Many will agree on what constitutes a close competitor but almost none will agree completely on an exhuastive list of close and near/loose competitors. Much of the reason for many of the looser competitors in my particular list is simply that they are nice European Coupes with similar hp levels but that the M3 either bests or virtually matches in performance. I agree many do not think the R8 nor AM V V8 are close competitors with the M3.
That's why i said the ISF will lose even if it's faster in straightline performance. But in terms of performance to price ratio, if it's a lot cheaper, it would have the advantage.

Last edited by gbb357; 12-24-2007 at 02:07 AM..
Appreciate 0