View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
If you're a noob going into this sport EXPECTING to roll your car hard enough to require a roll cage, you probably shouldn't try it in the first place. No offense.

This "sport" isn't nearly as dangerous as you make it out to be if you properly mitigate the risks involved. Start with an organizations that's been lauded for its long history of safety, work your way through until you've gained enough knowledge to be dangerous, then you can choose to go to the lapping days and drive "flat-out" to your heart's content. Then you can make a determination of whether or not you want to risk your life every weekend, or if you want to walk away from the inevitable.

And I'll bet at that point your car will be so far removed from being able to be recognized as a stock M3 that the point of a permanent cage or a bolt-in one won't even cross your mind.
Thanks for your advice. No worries. I welcome the hardcore to give me their opinions. I just started auto cross a month ago and that's super addicting. I'm just slowly easing into the idea of going to the track. Other newb drivers have told me that it was "intense" and "scary". Haha. And being a safety minded individual, I just want to be safe.

Thank you all for your comments. We, newbs, appreciate your experience.
2012 JZB E92 M3 Coupe. DCT/ZCP. Paint Match IND Cosmetic Package, Arkym Bumper, Verstrabe Paddles, LUX Angel Eyes, Vorsteiner double sided CF CSL trunk lid, Evolve Valve Exhaust, 19x9.5 et 21, 19x10.5 et 22 TE37 SL Pressed Graphite
Appreciate 0