Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '98 M3/4 TiAg, '15 M3 SO

Garage List
1998 BMW M3/4  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Fusion View Post
Hey Dave I guess "bucking" is the perfect term used to describe my cars morning sickness. It feels like I'm a 15 year old kid learning to drive a stick! Ok so I'm wondering, I see I can do the Low Pressure Sensor myself per the DIY on this thread. I'm wondering about the control unit for the fuel pump. Is this going to be expensive and can I do this myself once the airbox is removed too? I'm an engineer and I've rebuilt the engine on my 1995 M3 but I've recently moved and don't have my garage space like I did in Arizona. Plus all my tools and ramps are in Arizona too. I'm in an apartment in NY now. So I may need to to bring to a shop if the work on the control unit to the fuel pump is too extensive. My car is out of warranty so all cost are coming out of my pocket. Anything to save a buck helps. So how much was all the work and parts for your fix because I like my cars running perfect and this SES light ruins my day. My 1995 M3 still has zero lights on the cluster on it and runs like new. No reason why my 08 can't run like new again
Since my car is CPO, I didn't replace the parts myself and I'm not sure what they cost. According to the following thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=ekp

The EKP seems easy to replace but the RealOEM diagram shows a European 1 Series in the diagram, so I'm not sure exactly where it is (unless it's in the same place on the E9x.)

Looks like the part itself is about $233 (from getbmwparts.com.)

Dave
Appreciate 0