12-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #15
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
You think that's old, the average age at the Longhorn PCA meetings must be 65! We did meet a few cool people though, actually going out to dinner tonight with a couple.
With BMW's being so ubiquitous around here, are there large turnouts at meetings?
We should start an M club if there isn't one already, keep the riffraf out lol.
I'm not surprised PCA meetings have higher age averages because the cars are more expensive on average. We usually get about 40-65 people attending each event, so it's not bad. A lot of them are regulars so you can actually build friendships with people, i.e. it's not always a different group of 65 each time.

I'm not sure how successful an M Club would be, at least with the existing membership. I guess it might attract a different group with different interests, but one of the things I noticed first and still like most about the CCA group is that there's absolutely no snobbery. It's never about who has the fastest, newest, or most expensive car; it's just a bunch of good people who happen to enjoy driving BMWs and talking about all sorts of things meeting up to go have some fun on a Saturday.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0