View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
I see a fair amount of kids driving the IS250's and older G35's. And I see a decent amount of M cars as well, from e36's to e9X's and e39' and e60's too. But here's what I don't get, I find that the Infinity's and Lexus's try to "race" but when I see younger guys in Vette's or Pony cars, and other types they don't bother with me nearly as much. I was just ranting cuz that dude pissed me off. What I was really trying to say on that issue was if you got an IS250/350, that's all fine and cool, but don't act like you bought the IS-F, or something with a V8. That's all. I don't go out trying to get the new McLaren to race me do I?
The appeal of a sporty car to younger people is obvious. They want to look good and go fast. And I think you've answered your own question. Young people do dumb stuff. The American car guys are probably like you, they have nothing to prove. But watch what happens when a Camaro and Mustang pull up together, then they get worked up.

People of slower cars always want to measure themselves against higher up cars. They want to see what the other car can do and if they can "keep up".