footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
The new S4 is supercharged and way more expensive , at least here in EU continental than a 335i, we already discussed that months ago, the RS4 V8 is an atmo with problems with power output, which some of us here didn't believe a year or so ago......and dunno if they were prefixed whatever, one had 440BHP according to the owner(...)My ex 335i was a really really fast one...stock.

My E90 M3 is not a LITTLE faster than those RS4V8s, it's much and much faster also beyond 100mph. But if you don't believe it, I don't care, I'm just stating real world facts.
You may feel that the S4 is far more expensive, it appears that depending on the country it ranges from more expensive to almost equal. Point is that regardless of what you or I think the two are rivals in every sense of the word and as such the S4 has proven itself to be much quicker in acceleration which according to the results I have seen it didn't just maintain it's early advantage due to being awd but actually increases it as the speeds increase. These are normal stock examples that are supplied by the manufacturers so either your example of 335i was an exceptional one or the cars you have been racing have being very poor example of the breed.

My point is that I know having driven both the S4 and RS4 that though the S4 is very quick it's not as fast as an RS4 so why not accept that your car was somehow special and stop referring to it as the norm.
Appreciate 0