Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
The argument always comes up, "the BMW engineers know better so leave everything alone"... if we'd live by that nobody would mod anything.

Anyway, if you are not concerned that's great. If somebody is, let them make changes, I don't see the issue you are having.
I'm with you on people being personally accountable for their decisions but you have to be mindful of your e-tone and the conclusions you come to. It comes down to the community and maintaining credibility. Look at E46Fanatics and the road they went down...wasn't good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
The argument always comes up, "the BMW engineers know better so leave everything alone"... if we'd live by that nobody would mod anything.

Anyway, if you are not concerned that's great. If somebody is, let them make changes, I don't see the issue you are having.
Agree...that statement is my opinion. I don't think I've made an absolute statement that nothing should ever be modded. If I did, I was wrong. My point is you should understand the consequences...you gain something...you give up something. Most focus on what you gain...some don't understand what you are giving up. Trust me...I've learned this the very hard way.

I still mod my car. For example I put in some GC camber plates. I gained increased performance, I lost some comfort. I understood that the GC plates can cause some noise and I was willing to make that trade off.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0