View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
This is pretty easy to install and take off.
It's old school but works and is pretty cheap.

http://www.colgancustom.com/colgan_original_bra.html

GREAT weekend. AWESOME track too.
Can't wait to see the new track next year.

The problem(s) I had with the Colgan bra is it's designed for "normal" daily use and it's not track friendly. The Colgan bra that I used for my first "track" car, my old E46 323Ci, ended up scratching my paint badly due to the top half of the bra bouncing around at 120+ mph. The problem is the bra tend to stretch if used regularly and when it's a couple years old, will allow some flex and air to get trapped under the bra.

It could work, if you manage to keep the underside of the bra clean, and then add painter's tape along the edges. But if you're going to go all noob tape on the car, might as well forgo the bra.

p.s.: Be on the look out, if you guys are jonesing for more track action, for the May 3rd Auto Club Speedway announcement to go out this week. I've got a couple more administrative stuff to take care of on the back end.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0