View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Biglare's Baby M at Auto Club Speedway

Well I had a chance to get the Baby M out on the track this past Sunday at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. They were running the "roval" setup which uses 3/4 of the oval and is 2.88 miles long with 17-turns. It was my first time on this track and had a blast out there. I was able to get up to 155mph on the oval portion and managed to shave over 3.5 seconds off my lap times from my first session to my last session. My fastest time was a 2:01.1 so I was happy with that for my first time there.

The ESS Stage 1+ tune definitely helped add a punch of power. Enough to take down some E9x M3's. The torque is just nutz in this car and helped pull out of the turns and power down the straights. It comes on so fast that you really need to pay full attention to keep it planted. There were no overheating issues at all and that is with the stock IC. I'm sure with the upgraded FMIC it will stay cool even on the hottest of days.

The stock brake pads didn't like the 140-30mph stomps lap after lap, so those will have to be changed next time. The KW's performed great and really helped the handling, but there was still some roll. I may firm them up a couple of notches the next time. I was most surprised from the tires. The Toyo R888's 235/35 and 265/30's held up well and stuck the car around the corners. I was afraid that they were not wide enough, but the R888's are a little wider than the size states, so they worked out well. I'm not sure if I can even fit the 265/30 and 295/30 setup on the Baby M, but maybe I'll try that next time.

Baby M Setup:
  • ESS Stage 1+ tune
  • Eisenmann Exhaust
  • Akrapovic DP's
  • KW V3's
  • Stock Wheels
  • Toyo R888's 235/35 and 265/30
  • Slek Lip Spoiler
  • IND Tow Strap
  • IND Color Matched Grills
  • IND Color Matched Side Markers

I did not take as many pictures as I wish that I would have taken, but here are a few of them. Also, sad to report that a McLaren MP4-12C hit a wall and was most likely totaled, but the driver walked away.

On track shots taken by CaliPhotography.com.

Enjoy the pics and video.

#21 - Poor McLaren!

Videos

#1 - Baby M around the Roval

#2 - McLaren Vid from iPhone

GTS
Appreciate 0