View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
bentone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3/'79 911SC

Big thanks to blittle for his generosity. While I was checking out his non-moonroof E90, we talked about a couple of items that might be of interest to anybody new to the NoVA area. I think this has all been covered before but maybe worth recapping:

I think BMW of Fairfax is the lesser of many evils when it comes to dealership service. Everybody can find a somebody who's had a bad experience, but I've been generally pleased with them. Matt Juliar seems to be especially familiar with the M cars. He didn't bat any eye at my all-caps "NO TEST DRIVES NO CAR WASHES" homemade sign on the dash.

Based on Raja's application of my 3M, I imagine his detailing work is incredible. I plan to get something on the books for spring. But for quick touchups I've had good experiences with Pro-Clean in Tysons on Spring Hill Road. Very accessible and top notch hand wash. Also actually like the guys in the Tyson's mall garage across from the Coastal Flats entrance (not the Galleria, never used them). Can't remember the business name but very convenient. Also hand wash, of course.

Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls is a must-do at least once a month. Might not compare to west coast version in terms of volume, but there are some incredible cars to be seen there. It's a great crowd, great coffee, and a nice (early) way to start your Saturday. Also a nice drive depending on where you're coming from.
Appreciate 0