Thread: Camero ss vs M3
View Single Post
      10-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #99
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Not sure why anyone would be comparing a Camaro/Charger/Mustang to an e92 M3. Even if straight line performance were equal and performance were close on the bends, there still is no comparison. Those who buy an M3 buy one because it is not just about the performance; there are attributes such as heritage, quality, sophistication, German Engineering and build quality that come into play when you decide on a Beemer; especially an M3.

Honestly, if you want M3 like performance then buy an M3; if you cannot afford one, then buy one of the many M3 competitors and realize than even if you spent another $30k on your car, it still will not be an M3.

I mean, even the 335 guys understand this; the 335 is much closer to an M3 than a Camaro will ever be. I will take a 335 over a Camaro or Mustang any day of the week; I'll take a 135 over a Camaro or Mustang as well.

There is nothing that can be said about a Camaro or Mustang that will make me feel like it is better than an M3; not even if you strap rocket packs to it and run a 1/4 mile in 5 seconds. At the end of the day, it is still a Camaro (or Mustang) which is a completely different league than an M3.

Just because you can modify an M3 to outperform an F430 doesn't make an M3 better than an F430 because it is just in a different league. So modifying a Camaro makes me feel the same way.

Is the Camaro nice..yes. Is it or will it ever be an M3...sadly No.

I think comparisons between an e93 M3 and a C63, 911 Carrera, Cayman S, Audi RS5, etc are valid. A Camaro or Mustang, not so much.

-SZ
Appreciate 0