Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Waxing frozen gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Hey Awesome - didn't realize you were there! Several M3Post members were there - and I think we all agree that the Comp Package wheels are fantastic.

The frozen gray looks pretty cool, but I don't know what I'd do if I owned a car that I couldn't wax!

The event was the NJBMWCCA's annual meeting at BMWNA HQ. Larry Koch organizes it for NA, and they set up 4 presentations in their training facility. We have 15 minute sessions in each training classroom, where the NA product manager and a technical trainer explain the vehicle. This year we saw the new 5 series, Z4 35is, 335is, and Alpina B7. The Frozen Gray M3 was under cover in the main hallway until Larry and Martin Birkmann unveiled it.

The evening wraps up with a Q&A session - this year with Martin Birkmann. There's also a raffle for a few door prizes. Four lucky people went home with "slightly used" wheels from the ALMS M3s. There was also a pile of bodywork scraps that lasted about half a minute. (One man's trash is another man's treasure!) They also raffled a couple of watches, scale models, and a few other things.

Thanks to the product people at BMW NA for continuing this long tradition!
Swissvax has opaque products especially for this paint.

SWISSVAX Opaque Premium wax for satin matt paints, 50 ml

Quantity in Basket: none Product Code: SE1015117 Product Price: $64.00 Total Shipping Package Weight: 1.00 kilograms
Quantity:
Premium wax specially developed for all satin matt paintwork types (incl. foils) with 40 Vol. % of pure Brazilian Grade One Carnauba.
Offers your automobile's paintwork thorough long term protection against all kinds of negative immissions without damaging its satin matt appearance.
Very easy to apply.
Prepare the paintwork with Pre-Cleaner Opaque prior to the wax application.
Conventional polishes, waxes and insect removers should not be used on matt paintwork and will most likely cause damage. Please only use products which were specifically developed for matt paintwork like the Swissvax «Opaque» product line which will not damage the matt surface appearance. Swissvax Opaque wax is a premium wax for all satin matt paintwork types (including foils). Thanks to its formulation including 40 Vol. % of pure Brazilian Grade One Carnauba wax it offers your automobile's satin matt paintwork thorough long term protection against all kinds of negative immissions, bug tar and fingerprints.

Thanks to its proverbial ease of application and the perfect results it provides, Opaque is very popular both with private collectors and enthusiasts and professional users.
Appreciate 0