View Single Post
      11-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
While I agree that there is no code associated to the wheel bearing, it is very possible that the spacers could cause premature wear to those bearings. This is exactly the kind of situation that people have to be prepared for when modding. People always say that the dealer has to prove that the damage was cause by the mod but that is obviously not the case here. The dealer has made a diagnosis (right or wrong it doesn't really matter) and has voided the warranty on that part. Now the burden is on the owner to show them that either their diagnosis is wrong or just pay up. Sucks but that's the way it usually goes.

Good luck and I hope you get it fixed somehow.

Yes, spacers can cause premature failiure of a wheel bearing. Some other factors are tracking your car, autocrossing, poor road quality etc.

While the owner needs to be aware of possible failiures associated to spacers, he did not go into the dealership complaining of a "roaring noise," coming fromt he rear of the vehicle.

If he replaced the wheel bearing, and the DSC lights come on again, what's going to be the dealer excuse for mis-diagnosing the problem at that point?
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0