View Single Post
      08-30-2010, 02:17 AM   #16
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Martin, I'm really curious as to why you refused to place a claim with UPS, that clearly looks like UPS's fault in the first place. Eric has been great with me service wise, and I would definitely order from him again. If a piece arrives damaged to me, most vendors would simply let the shipping company handle it. I don't think that is unreasonable.

It really does look like you took damaged parts and they got further damaged back to Eric. I think you should have been more reasonable about placing the claim with UPS, they are actually really good about it and handle it quickly. I had a $1500 lens that a guy claimed was damaged in shipping, UPS processed the refund almost immediately and shipped the parts back to me for inspection. They gave me the option of keeping the part or keeping the refund. It was pretty easy.

I buy a ton of parts, as I'm sure you do as evidenced by photos of your car. I hate buying cosmetic stuff like lips and diffusers mail order because of this stuff, but the shippers will fit it. It's impossible to get things there 100% of the time, and that is why there is the option of insurance. Eric did you a BIG favor (since he was going to end up eating it) by letting you ship the parts back for a refund, and clearly the parts arrived damaged worse than they were when they arrived to you.

Eric is definitely one of those guys you want on your side, from giving great prices to great customer service. This thread reinforces my decision to buy from him, despite having to pay 9.25% sales tax!
Appreciate 0