Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Has anybody here has actually seen the max revs pop up in any scan on a 6MT??? I asked TWO (selling and servicing) dealers; one initially agreed, but couldn't do it. Even called somebody and said it couldn't be done on the 6MT. Second flat out said it couldn't be done, that only if you had an accident a court order could get the last 5 seconds of data. I know for a fact you can only get max revs on Ferraris with F1, since it's stored on the tranny's ECU. Could it be the same with DCT??? I've never read in the 2 years I've owned my car of a 6MT owner who can get that information. I'd like to be proven wrong, how it's done, and what information you actually get (like date, mileage, engine temp, etc). And what the hell is 'Ediabas software'? You need the hardware too to connect to the plug.
I'm pretty sure the dealer can do this. It's been discussed before. Unless you're asking whether the actual RPMs reached are ascertainable, in which case, I don't know. It may just say that RPMs over 8400 were reached...

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Appreciate 0