View Single Post
      01-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaijai View Post
I highly doubt he did that ...break in ..remember. Just for the record, I took off my M6 wheels right after delivery and they had rusted centers too....so not surprising to me....but anyway that is not rust, that is just some oil and crap from the tire that looks like rust and goes away when cleaned properly but who cares...

Alpineweiss, dont mind these comments...you are new to this forum, you will get used to these expert comments...they just keep coming ..just take then in your stride..

Not really out of the ordinary comments.
You make it sound like people just have to accept anything or any claim put up on a forum as factual.

I've owned dozens and dozens of cars and have bought many sets of different tires. Those little rubber spike things stay on the tires for quite a while (especially around the edge of the tires where the tire does not hit the road, again, unless it's 30 miles of hard canyon driving where the tires will roll a bit on the edges and wear those little rubber spiky things off).

It's an accurate and acceptable observation. No need to make it sound like someone is trying to start by stating "expert opinions". I did not comment about the back side (rust looking stuff) of the wheel, because I've also bought many aftermarket wheels and HAVE taken my wheels off in the first 200-300 miles and have seen that greasy oily looking rust on wheels too.

But 30 miles on those PS2 without the little rubber worm things present? Not without pretty hard driving in those 30 miles.
Heck, they'll be there on the side for a few hundred miles if gently driven.
Appreciate 0