Thread: Which BMW?
View Single Post
      11-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Listen, if it's your first car I seriously suggest you DON'T get a 335i. If it were any other situation, I'd be all for it, but it really is not a good idea. Trust me. I had a Civic for my first car (it had a decent 140hp @ about redline lol...torque...what torque). I was seriously one of the most responsible drivers between my friends. However, speed can be addicting if you give it a try, and once I opened the taps on my Civic I was going 125 (that's as high as I've taken that thing...I was impressed) and I figured out that I reeeeally had to stop.

It's just not a good idea to have about ~320hp in your first car. You think you're not gonna get carried away, but it's just too easy to succumb to the power. I'm gonna stop repeating myself now and move on .

I suggest you get a 328i (or a 128i, but it's kinda low on space, but you already know enough about that car, no need in telling you). It's FAR more than adequate in terms of power. What is it, like six some-odd seconds to sixty? That's plenty of power, plus you'll get the looks of the car, and the safety and all that jazz.

I would have loved to have had a Bimmer for my first car, and my parents even offered me one. My dad actually argued with my mom that the 325i was well within the budget and that if they could easily pay for one then why not. My mom said it wasn't a wise choice to have a Bimmer for a first car and I agreed. My mom was actually surprised considering how much I talked about it haha.
Appreciate 0