TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
Hey guys,

At this point of my life I have everything but friends, girl, and happiness. I am 28yo and have a well paying job,a bmw, a house of my own and even an athletic body(go running). Most of my friends are married now, the new friends are living little far away and due to some rumor that was spreading around, they are trying to avoid me. I dated a girl last year but felt like we didn't have any connection. I am not sure if I should just date or look for that special someone to spend the rest of life. I am ready to settle down, but am looking for someone from similar ethnic background so we can form a deep connection.

Coming back to the point, I don't speak to a lot of people during daily life cuz my firm is very small & I m pretty much my own most of the times. Don't have any meeting but I occasionally talk to a colleague sitting next to me. It's because he is old and very experienced, I can't talk like buddies. Also I am the youngest in the company. I am the type of guy who would never give-up & always looking for creative ways. But right now everything seems blocked.

So here's the gist, I am depressed about nothing happening in my life. I live near NYC, and I thought I was done socializing but may be I should start again. Feel I m too old to hang with drink teen kids.

Anybody went thru same feelings? Any suggestions what I should do?
Man, when I heard people are spreading rumors about you, I just knew you were desi and I was right. I had so much drama with desi people back in college, I just stopped hanging out with all of them. I always had a diverse group of friends and I hate it when I see same culture group of friends who don't branch out. But yea, a lot of Indian kids are known for drama and spreading rumors. My word of advice, diversify. In Atlanta, we have this club called Events and Adventures, which organizes events for singles to meet. And these are not just meet for dinner, types of events. They do a lot of outdoor activities like biking, hiking, camping, etc. Check to see if something like this is near where you live.

Cheer up man, you only have one life! I refuse to be depressed and you should choose so as well.