Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_Edmonton View Post
Hi folks. I am a born and raised Edmontonian and I wanted to run a question by BMW M3 owners. I have a fully loaded 2011 BMW M3 E93 with DCT that I bought in 2010. I want to get an ESS VT2-600 Supercharger installed in my car and want to know how cold weather would affect this unit. Cold meaning -25 degrees Celsius and colder. I am going to ship my car to a certified ESS tuner in Calgary and get the work done. I drive my car year-round and I know doing this type of work would diminish my ability to use the default BMW warranty if an issue with the car did come up.
Nice add-on - VT2-600 S/C! I sure you will be fine, especially if you are getting it tuned as well. With it being colder you may increase the hp, not that the VT2-600 isn't a healthy increase HP already...I would check with the tuner in Calgary to see. Overall, I think as a DD it will be ok, plenty of power on tap, but warranty issue wise, hard to say with the dealership, unless you have good relation with your SA. Once mechanical mods are added everything changes...

If i recall, I think there is a forum member in Calgary that is S/C, you can check with them...if only I can remember who though...

On a side note, I am debating of either a Akra slip on or full exhaust...but again warranty and dealership, will i have any hassle in future...

Quote:
In addition, after reading some of the posts in this thread I share the frustration some members have with buying BMWs in Edmonton. I have owned BMWs in the past and I now only deal with Bavaria BMW in Edmonton. I bought my 2011 M3 from Edmonton BMW and I highly suggest people NOT to buy OR service any year of BMW from them. They are incompetent and not professional. I will not go into details here.

Thanks for the replies.
I think it is hit an miss with both dealers in Edmonton; my parents bought their 2006 330i from Bavaria BMW, so I thought I would do the same when looking into the M3 with ED - I got the same sales advisor my parents dealt with, and he tried to differ me away from ED, becasue it is a lot of "paperwork" and said I have to ship the car my self back to Canada...WTH...anyhow, I was referred to Edmonton BMW by a forum member here, and got great service and help when ordering the 2011 M3 with ED...

2011 E90///M3 Alpine Weiss| 6MT | Carbon Black Leather | Comp Pkg
2007 Si Taffeta White | 6MT | HFP Susp. | VOLK GT-S
[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578
Appreciate 0