View Single Post
      10-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

The sitting for months would certainly explain the flat spots on the tires. Don't those usually work themselves out after awhile, though? Still, the seller shouldn't have excluded that the tires weren't in storage for months. Mentioning that doesn't really hurt anything.

How badly cracked were the wheels? Something obvious? If so, I wouldn't deal further with the person. I am normally more considerate for items I've sold, but depending on how bad the cracking was and how out of round the wheels were, it sounds like you may be on the short end of the stick here. The bulge likely isn't your fault unless you shipped the tires and really gave no care in packaging them. Even still, you can't control what happens en route. My experience w/ sidewalls bulging from used tires I've purchased (w/o wheels) has been attributed to either old tires and/or from handling of the tire during dismounting and/or re-mounting. The latter (dismount/mount) isn't really the fault of either seller or buyer but is unfortunate for the buyer. I suppose poor storage conditions (i.e. the compound may have dried out a bit) could also cause them if the seller or buyer had them off a car for a while, too.

Of course, this is all said with the caveat that I can only base my personal judgement on the info presented here.

Last edited by bosstones; 10-27-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0