01-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300wrx View Post
I am planning on switching from an iPhone to the Samsung Note 2 and I have a few concerns:

1) BMW Connected and My BMW Remote are two apps I use in my car with the iPhone. Does the android phone have these apps available?

2) I currently store my phone in the armrest. Will the Samsung note 2 fit in there?

3) Text messages are displayed on the screen while emails are not. Similar capabilities/issues with android phones?
Remember one thing. BMW built the idrive and the software system based on the iPhone. They never really considered the Android market. You can do certain things with the car using your Android phone. A2DP music streaming shouldn't be a problem. As for displaying the correct names, it would depends vastly on the Android base vs the compatibility of the idrive software.

I currently use the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. But my vehicle is an 09 car which doesn't support A2DP streaming. I use a Samsung HS3000 bluetooth connect to the Aux port. I've setup the phone to a point where it would autolaunch my favorite music streaming app (Pandora or Tunein) when I enter the car. Basically as long as the phone connects to HS3000, it would start streaming. Once it disconnects, app would close asap.

The question for you is if your willing to try the Android base system.

Don't rely on both products to work perfectly together.
Appreciate 0