View Single Post
      12-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #50
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
that's a good point but the whole analogy is wrong. Normally the weekend car is not the cheaper car of the group.
I actually beg to differ. I could see going either way for different reasons, but it makes plenty of sense to spend more on a DD that you use most of the time (newer, more reliable, better comfort/luxury/tech/safety/mpg) and less on a weekend car that you use less often (don't want to track an expensive car, don't need something nice/new but just fun to drive and/or good-looking, easier to buy an older fun car that doesn't break the bank).

Let's put it this way: I can think of plenty of fun track/weekend cars for $25k, $15k or $10k. Not many cars I'd want to DD for the lower end of that range - at least without either boring myself to death 5-6 days/wk or living in constant fear of reliability woes.

Regardless, as much as I love both the E90 M3 and the FiST, that strikes me as an odd combo - two all-rounders really. I wouldn't know whether to take the heavier car or the FWD car on a fun road, or whether to DD the gas-thirsty car or the small econo-car. If there is space/budget for two cars, I'd make each one more focused personally.
Appreciate 1