Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
sorry Mike, but that's a pretty porr statement to make that if it requires tuning than it isn't great?? Most if not all larger upgrades will require tuning to extract the greatest gains. The velocity stacks are awesome. the issue is that the rear cylinders will be absorbing the hotter temps due to the placement of the stacks and that they're open. Same issue on the e46 chassis. They sound sick and I'm sure build big power while moving but for around town they suffer from heatsoak again due to the design. The nice part about our intake is that our stacks are composite which does not retain heat and is located inside the intake plenum, which coupled with the sealed intake box keeps temps down thereby building power.
I'm sorry but it's not a poor statement. You're entitled your opinion and as I told BMRLVR I'm not interested in arguing. I'm making a general statement when I say this and it wasn't said for you to pick out specifics and prey on them.

It's a simple concept:
A company with an offering such as this should offer a *product*. A valid product offering to the end-user market is not something that would require significant research and development, expense, time, to make functional. Is it reasonable to expect an end user to spend thousands of dollars on developing software for a product that *REQUIRES* software to run properly? No. The company that designed the product should have taken the burden of this development and then maybe it would have been a successful market for them. When people elect to go with something such as Schrick cams, although the stock software mapping may not be optimal, it usually has some intended benefit over the stock camshafts without any software changes. How many people would buy cams if the car would barely run with them without an additional expense of custom tailored software? This is the same idea.

When you buy an SSD drive as an upgrade to your computer, you don't have to chase down a software engineer to write you new firmware to make it work properly in your computer. When eVolve or I send customers an end user flashing cable, we don't say here is the hardware, now you'll have to have software written to make it work. These might not be the best examples, but they illustrate the principle of what I was trying to say.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0