06-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Nola 32/65
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
I've got a pair of JB splitters waiting to be installed on my car, going to have them painted. Just curious, when you say "clips and screws", what does this consist of? It looks like one of the existing bumper screws can get re-used (the screw on the far left of the splitter if facing the front of the car), and I was planning on just using 3M tape to hold the rest of it on. How are you securing them?
Yes you are correct, I did reuse one of the existing bumper screws but I went to BMW and bought 2 more pairs of that same clip/screw because I also used the middle hole on the splitter too. To use that hole you do have to drill a small hole for the screw into the bottom of your bumper but its pretty much underneath the car and no one will ever see it unless its on a lift. I'm not a fan of using tape for things like this, I'd rather bolt/screw down parts as much as I can.

Hex screws part # 07147129160

Clips part # 07146951655