05-06-2014, 04:44 AM   #16
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 ///M6 GranCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun
If you're fishing for a 2010/11 E92 model then you'll end up with the LCI update anyway. The LED tail lights are the only obvious difference on the outside. On the inside the big difference is the upgrade of the iDrive to CIC. I have low km June 2008 6MT that I bought here in Melbourne last July. I immediately swapped out the tail lights for the OEM LED ones and have since also retrofitted the CIC iDrive. I rarely have anyone in the back seat (or the passenger seat for that matter) so having a coupe suits me. I'm not really a fan of the arse end on the E90 but did consider getting one for a while there.

When you're shopping also be aware of the myriad of options these may/may not have come with. Things like folding mirrors, heated seats, comfort access, EDC, rear sun blind, sun roof, electronic compass, extended leather (and the various interior combinations that come with that), voice control etc. I was fortunate enough to find a great example that was nearly fully loaded. If you want to know what it was optioned with at the factory, use a VIN decoder like the one below. Pop in the last 7 digits of the VIN and you'll get a detailed report of what's in the car.

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/
Electronic compass hey? That seems very update Mitsubishi Pajero.
Appreciate 0