View Single Post
      01-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #29
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
91 is sufficient. 91 is all the California ppl get anyways. Given the choice I woudl still get 93.

As regards to brand, this is something that I feel is important. Any brand named gasoline could be used. The key thing is those big named brands put in additional additives that clean your injectors, and your engine. So yes use them. BP, Shell, Chevron, Texaco to name a few all have those in their premium 91+ gas. You can identify them as they will brand them:

Shell: V-Power
BP: Invigorate
Chevron/Texaco:Techron

99.9% of people agree with this. Now what people don't agree on is which is better. I'm think theses top tier brands are all the same. What most ppl don't agree on, but what I do is consistently use the same brand gas for the life fo the car, for me 93 Shell V-Power. If I can't get it on my road trips, I'll get BP 93
Just an FYI Arco fuel is BP...lot of people don't realize this. In Cali. all our fuel comes from the same refineries, its after the refinery do certain manafacturers put their own additive such as Chevon with its Techroline.

To the OP, the cars rating of 414hp is with 93 octane. You run less you will get less, I go as far as blending 4 gallons of VP Racing unleaded with every tank full and it gets me to 93.2octane.
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0