View Single Post
      07-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #295
attbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '88 E30 M3

I had a set of 255/35/19 front, 275/35/19 rear PSS mounted this morning. I switched from a very dead set of stock size RE11s. The RE11s were great and lasted me 22k miles, which was much more than I expected.

I've only driven a few miles on the PSS so far, but overall I am happy and they are what I expected. They are quieter and more compliant (less harsh) on the road than the RE11s. much of this is likely due to a much softer side wall on the PSS vs the RE11. With both tires unmounted side by side it was very obvious. You could easily deflect the PSS side wall by hand and the RE11 was very stiff and wouldn't flex. I assume this is part of the reason the PSS is so much lighter than the RE11.

As a result of the softer side wall, turn-in is not as sharp and responsive as it was with the RE11. Once the PSS loads up though it does seem to grip well, but they need to wear in a bit before I can really push them. I'll do a few autos laps in a couple weeks and report back after.

I mounted the PSS on stock size wheels, and they fit very well. I was a bit concerned they'd look a little big due to the slightly taller height, but they don't.

I posted some pics of both the RE11s and PSS at the below link. One interesting thing was that the main grooves on the 255 were much wider than they are on the 275. One pic shows them both side-by-side where it is very obvious.