View Single Post
      06-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #61
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

I was able to get this trim set from another member.
It's really top notch C/F trims and nothing like other aftermarket brand C/F quality.
But I would like to share a couple of things from my experience.

I used to have carbon leather trims and upgraded to Performance C/F trims.
1 good thing and 1 bad thing from this upgrade.

Good thing: It breaks from too much matte feeling in cabin (from carbon leather and rest of matte plastics) and add nice gloss C/F break line. Very nice look.

Bad thing: from matte carbon leather, this real C/F reflects sun light too much in very sunny day sometimes (but not all the time).

Side Note: I noticed when I uninstall/install trims that carbon leather trim is the best quality built trim out of all trim - molded in pins and very strong metal trims wrapped in Carbon leather vs. Plastic with C/F overlay trims.

I have BMW C/F spoiler, splitters and mirror caps and those are true carbon fiber. You see raw/rough carbon fiber behind those things. However, C/F trims are not single piece carbon fiber. it's plastic overlay. I think this was necessary due to add install pins etc.

Installation was very easy-pop out, pop in with trim removal tools EXCEPT dash pieces. You'll need to take all A/C vents, uninstall/unplug doorlock/TPMS reset buttons which requires some tweezer skills (cables were really short and connectors are in weird angle).

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0