05-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #54
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
You mean carbon leather? Besides, I have the anthracite wood in my ///M. It is real wood and not plastic. BMW also makes a real CF dash interior kit for the ///M3 which can be had for about $1200; it replaces all the accent pieces with finished CF. Looks really nice.

-SZ
SZ... have you seen the pieces that get put into the BMW's? I had ordered wood trim added to my 530i and cancelled my order when I saw the flimsy mm thick pieces they wanted 800 euro for.

Everyone keeps talking about BMW build quality... WHERE??? the engine and suspension maybe. The paint SUCKS, the windshield is weak as hell, the front wheel fender shrouds pull away from the fender wells, the brakes produce more dust than a wind storm in kansas. Electronic gremlims that screw up the ENTIRE car when they occur. I have owned 5 BMW's in the last 4 years and build quality is not the first thing that comes to mind. The ONLY BMW I have owned that gave me minimal problems was my X3... hence why just bought another one.

Caveat.... why do I keep going back?? Simple... I am in Germany and they are easy to get a hold of and in comparrison to Audi and Mercedes... I do think they build a better car.