04-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #36
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh2009 View Post
Speeding isn’t the only issue for road safety – driver attitude and behaviour and road condition management are far more relevant. Opinions will always vary of course but in my observation (wont say where) its not the speed as an absolute it’s the behaviour in the conditions – recklessness is recklessness regardless of the speed. Virtually all cars are capable of exceeding the speed limit so the car nowadays is somewhat irrelevant in terms of speed capability.

OP – I’m intrigued why you would raise this when you drive an M3 – what has prompted your question ? And why don’t you lead by example and drive a base model 3 ? Just curious as your post was a bit odd.
Thank you for asking. I was prompted to pose this question after reading the berating another forum member received when asking for help after receiving a rather large ticket for speeding. I thought it was comical that fellow M3 enthusiasts would be shocked and appalled that someone was actually speeding in an M3. It led me to ask, why sell cars, that to be fully appreciated one must ignore the law? I, for one, drive quickly, but I believe responsibly, and I have an excellent traffic attorney just a cell phone call away.
Appreciate 0