View Single Post
      03-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #40
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan@candccollision.com View Post
I get you. But in reality what the buyer of one of this kits could really be upset about is that it costs alot of money to install and sure part of it is to clean it up and make it look flawless. Would/could it cost them a little less with their installer if vorsteiner spent alot more time to make the raw product flawless? Sure. But then Vorsteiner would probably sell it for even more because they have even more invested into the production of the kit.

Again this is not a kit that is sold to the retail market. It is only sold and shipped to trusted partners to eliminate the issue you mentioned above(fake/counterfeit) It is then that shops duty to properly prep, paint and install the kit. The liability at that point is on the shop. In my opinion they improperly installed the sidemarker. They leaked photos of raw parts and potentially tarnished the reputation of their partner. In my opinion this thread should be aimed at the install shop for not doing a quality job and not be responsible to their business partner.
Fair enough. Didn't know that's how it worked for this specific piece. I guess I should think twice before buying any body kit then if those pinholes are normal

Got some questions for you, but I'll PM so I don't clutter the thread.
Appreciate 0