View Single Post
      03-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
WillC310
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
I have never had to test the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act but I would imagine that BMWNA could paint with a pretty broad brush with regards to what issues the supercharger could cause.

If you are going down the supercharger path you should be ready for all powertrain claims to be denied, but if you have a good dealer and/or good relationship with your service manager you should be ok.

However, with all that said, if for some reason you had a major electrical failure that required serious money repairs BMWNA may step in and try to say that during supercharger install/tuning you compromised the electrical system and any repairs are not covered. You might then face a risk.

It's a risk you take when you do major modifications to a car. As they say, you gotta pay to play.
I've had to test Magnuson-Moss and let me say, its not as easy as going to the dealer/BMW NA and saying "Prove that what I did to my car caused part XYZ to fail". Basically BMW will just refuse any work to your car and you'll have to fight them to get anything done.
Appreciate 0