03-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: `16 MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
I own both a 335 and an M3. The OP is correct - the M3 does make more "sounds" than the 335, which is by comparison, ridiculously "normal".

Regarding the squeeking the OP is referring to, I think those are the brakes, which are different on the M3. The M3 has higher performance brakes which are meant to work at high speeds, thus they squeek when you are driving slow and stop at say, at a ticket booth, because the brakes are not warm (they are made to withstand higher heat than 335 brakes). These brakes often make sounds when turning slow or stopping at low speeds or when cold. This is "normal" for m3s - as all the M3s I've seen to date all do this. I wouldn't freak out about this - the components of the cars are different.
squeaking happens when i move the steering wheel from left to right or right to left on a cold startup.. and makes very low clunking noises when i move the wheel fast from left to right also on a cold start up..

the clunking is annoying and sometimes very loud.. also makes the car feel a bit jerky or something ( could be in my head) but also RARELY but surely does happen.. the car makes a bit louder clunk and the car jerks forward.. and this ONLY happens when the car is completely still like at a red light.. anyone else getting this problem? if the clunking is normal i sure dont think this is.. cant see anything normal of a car jerking forward when its completely still with the brakes depressed.. only problem with this is that it happens rarely and know for sure i will not be able to duplicate it if i brought it into service.. any advice or thoughts guys?..
Appreciate 0